What a mess the Star Trek and Star Wars groups are in
2014-06-02 07:36:13 UTC
Just checked out some Star Wars and Star Trek groups for the purposes of
cross-posting.

They are pretty much dead.

Yads may have his faults but at least he keeps this group active.
--

bill is man. you: are not. :|
mikeythearchangel <***@live.com.au>

---
Daniel
2014-06-02 11:40:24 UTC
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Just checked out some Star Wars and Star Trek groups for the purposes of
cross-posting.
They are pretty much dead.
Yads may have his faults but at least he keeps this group active.
As you've cross-posted this to four groups, which group are you meaning
when you write "he keeps this group active"??

Daniel
2014-06-02 15:48:09 UTC
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Just checked out some Star Wars and Star Trek groups for the purposes of
cross-posting.
They are pretty much dead.
Yads may have his faults but at least he keeps this group active.
As you've cross-posted this to four groups, which group are you meaning
when you write "he keeps this group active"??
Daniel
Well I suppose you are not in the only group on the list that has a
regular supply of posts and ongoing discussion which is rec.arts.drwho.

If you want to drop by please go right ahead.

Daniel
2014-06-04 13:07:53 UTC
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Just checked out some Star Wars and Star Trek groups for the purposes of
cross-posting.
They are pretty much dead.
Yads may have his faults but at least he keeps this group active.
As you've cross-posted this to four groups, which group are you
meaning when you write "he keeps this group active"??
Daniel
Well I suppose you are not in the only group on the list that has a
regular supply of posts and ongoing discussion which is rec.arts.drwho.
Not there, so don't know.
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
If you want to drop by please go right ahead.
No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)

Daniel
Bill Jillians
2014-06-04 15:39:37 UTC
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
If you want to drop by please go right ahead.
No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)
Daniel
Well if you ever get bitten by the Doctor Who bug and fancy an
interesting discussion you are more than welcome.
Bill Jillians
Daniel
2014-06-05 13:43:07 UTC
Post by Bill Jillians
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
If you want to drop by please go right ahead.
No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)
Daniel
Well if you ever get bitten by the Doctor Who bug and fancy an
interesting discussion you are more than welcome.
Thanks for the invite!!

Daniel
The Doctor
2014-06-05 17:21:27 UTC
Post by Daniel
Post by Bill Jillians
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
If you want to drop by please go right ahead.
No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)
Daniel
Well if you ever get bitten by the Doctor Who bug and fancy an
interesting discussion you are more than welcome.
Thanks for the invite!!
Daniel
DW rocks!
--
Member - Liberal International This is ***@nl2k.ab.ca Ici ***@nl2k.ab.ca
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Ontario: Stop Tim Hudak the Stephen Harper of Ontario!
Daniel
2014-06-06 12:54:50 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Daniel
Post by Bill Jillians
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
If you want to drop by please go right ahead.
No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)
Daniel
Well if you ever get bitten by the Doctor Who bug and fancy an
interesting discussion you are more than welcome.
Thanks for the invite!!
Daniel
DW rocks!
Sure does ..... the old stuff even more than the new stuff!!

Daniel
The Doctor
2014-06-06 14:06:52 UTC
Post by Daniel
Post by The Doctor
Post by Daniel
Post by Bill Jillians
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
If you want to drop by please go right ahead.
No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)
Daniel
Well if you ever get bitten by the Doctor Who bug and fancy an
interesting discussion you are more than welcome.
Thanks for the invite!!
Daniel
DW rocks!
Sure does ..... the old stuff even more than the new stuff!!
Daniel
The hiatus was costly!
The Doctor
The Doctor
Daniel
2014-06-06 12:55:37 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Daniel
Post by Bill Jillians
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
If you want to drop by please go right ahead.
No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)
Daniel
Well if you ever get bitten by the Doctor Who bug and fancy an
interesting discussion you are more than welcome.
Thanks for the invite!!
Daniel
DW rocks!
"Send" key-bounce, ah!!

Daniel
The Doctor
2014-06-04 22:54:00 UTC
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
If you want to drop by please go right ahead.
No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)
Daniel
Which groups keep you active.
Daniel
2014-06-05 14:03:27 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
If you want to drop by please go right ahead.
No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)
Daniel
Which groups keep you active.
Probably the various OS groups, i.e. Alt.windows7.general (but not for a
while), several alt.os.linux.* groups (I dual boot Win7 and several
Linux', so am trying to learn linux stuff) and several ST groups
(although they are not real active).

The only Dr Who NG I have is alt.startrek.vs.dr.who, but posts there are
rare as hen's teeth!!

One of the groups I frequent was being targeted by some clown who might
contribute five lines that was on-topic but had a fifty line "Sig" that
prattled on about Jew v Arab/Palestine stuff. I suggested he should go
where that stuff would be On-Topic, like one of the alt-religion.*
groups, so I thought I'd check them out as well!! I'll get to them one day.

Of the eighty-odd groups on my UseNet server/account, there are about a
dozen groups that have some sort of regular traffic, another dozen or so
groups with occasional activity and about fifty/sixty that are virtually
dead!!

Daniel
The Doctor
2014-06-05 17:22:21 UTC
Post by Daniel
Post by The Doctor
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
[...]
Well add rec.arts.drwho fellow Doctor Who fan.
Bill Jillians
2014-06-06 03:29:33 UTC
Post by Daniel
Post by The Doctor
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
[...]
Yeah ... RIP Usenet :(
Bill Jillians
The Doctor
2014-06-06 07:31:14 UTC
Post by Bill Jillians
Post by Daniel
Post by The Doctor
Post by Daniel
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
[...]
Not for a very long time.
The Doctor
2014-06-02 14:57:23 UTC
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Just checked out some Star Wars and Star Trek groups for the purposes of
cross-posting.
They are pretty much dead.
Yads may have his faults but at least he keeps this group active.
Not really. I visit every now and then.
2014-06-02 17:50:35 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by <p>sychotic <c>hicken
Just checked out some Star Wars and Star Trek groups for the purposes of
cross-posting.
They are pretty much dead.
Yads may have his faults but at least he keeps this group active.
Not really. I visit every now and then.
Sorry Dave ... I was talking about the Dr. who group.