Taxes Of Anakin And Padme
Tim Bruening
2005-06-26 21:34:02 UTC
Did they file a joint return or seperate returns? What forms did they
file on Naboo, Tatooine, and with the Republic?
Anybody
2005-06-27 00:31:41 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Did they file a joint return or seperate returns? What forms did they
file on Naboo, Tatooine, and with the Republic?
Anakin is a Jedi - he doesn't earn anything, so doesn't have any taxes
to pay.
Tim Bruening
How in the world does he pay for his food, shelter, utilities, etc.?
Sandman
2005-06-27 13:13:29 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
Did they file a joint return or seperate returns? What forms did they
file on Naboo, Tatooine, and with the Republic?
Anakin is a Jedi - he doesn't earn anything, so doesn't have any taxes
to pay.
How in the world does he pay for his food, shelter, utilities, etc.?
He begs, in the streets. Just like a monk. ;)

No, I think it's safe to assume that the Jedi order receives some form of state
funding for their services.
Sandman[.net]
Anybody
2005-06-27 21:11:17 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
Did they file a joint return or seperate returns? What forms did they
file on Naboo, Tatooine, and with the Republic?
Anakin is a Jedi - he doesn't earn anything, so doesn't have any taxes
to pay.
How in the world does he pay for his food, shelter, utilities, etc.?
I think it's finally time to killfile this troll - nobody else could be
this moronic and still remember to breath. :-\
Tim Bruening
What's moronic about asking how a person with no income pays for food etc.?
William December Starr
2005-06-27 22:24:04 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Anybody
Anakin is a Jedi - he doesn't earn anything, so doesn't have any
taxes to pay.
How in the world does he pay for his food, shelter, utilities,
etc.?
"You want to give me those shoes."

"I want to give you these shoes..."
William December Starr <***@panix.com>
Tim Bruening
2005-06-29 07:58:01 UTC
Post by William December Starr
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Anybody
Anakin is a Jedi - he doesn't earn anything, so doesn't have any
taxes to pay.
How in the world does he pay for his food, shelter, utilities, etc.?
"You want to give me those shoes."
"I want to give you these shoes..."
But that trick only works on the weak minded! What if the shopkeeper is
strong minded?
Benjamin Pavsner
2006-12-24 16:33:26 UTC
Actually, I think Anakin and Padme's marriage is supposed to be a secret,
since Jedi aren't supposed to be married at the time of the prequels (I
guess this is different in the post-Battle of Endor books, since Luke is
married to Mara Jade).
Anybody
2006-12-24 22:27:19 UTC
Post by Benjamin Pavsner
Actually, I think Anakin and Padme's marriage is supposed to be a secret,
since Jedi aren't supposed to be married at the time of the prequels (I
guess this is different in the post-Battle of Endor books, since Luke is
married to Mara Jade).
Luke changed some of the old rules to adapt and re-establish the Jedi
Order to the new times. He also trained and recruited people that would
have been considered far too old in the pre-Empire days.
Tim Bruening
2006-12-30 08:04:19 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Did they file a joint return or seperate returns? What forms did they
file on Naboo, Tatooine, and with the Republic?
IMHO, Anakin should have asked his good friend Chancellor Palpatine to pass a
law allowing Jedis to marry!