Some things I expect to see in the future......
Tim Bruening
2005-06-27 09:03:01 UTC
Well, now that ROTS has "completed" the series and left a few holes in
the continuity, I expect Lucas to create more "special editions" of
the films or some of these questions will be potentially answered in
the "expanded universe" via books. Some of the things I expect to
R2-D2's boosters. I was surprised there was no explanation of R2D2's
boosters in ROTS. I see some some threads on the Internet trying to
explain this. I would expect Lucas to perhaps explain it away either
in some extended cuts of ROTS, perhaps some edits of Episode IV or
something in the EU as well.
That's trivial and useless enough for the EU.
Explain what?!?!?
R2 has rockets that he uses a couple of times in the prequel movies. He
doesn't use them in the original trilogy because he doesn't need to.
Wouldn't R2D2's rockets have come in handy in the fight against Jabba the Hutt on
the sand skiffs over the Saalc Pit early in Return of the Jedi? For example, R2D2
could have used them to help rescue Lando from the pit!
Sandman
2005-06-27 13:24:54 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
Yeah, I would like to be rescued from above by a small droid with jet boosters
burning the flesh from my body :)
Sandman[.net]
Tim Bruening
R2D2 could have used his rockets against the creature that was trying to eat Lando!
Sandman
2005-06-27 14:03:36 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Sandman
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
And THEN burn the flesh of Lando! :)

Please, couldn't we have some fleshburning at least? :)
Sandman[.net]
Tim Bruening
2005-06-27 13:28:55 UTC
Post by Sandman
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Sandman
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
I thought that the idea was to save Lando!

We could have R2D2 burn Jabba!

Jabba: To poke a sheep.

Hutt: Monster that plays football.
Anybody
2005-06-27 21:09:59 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
I know R2 is amazing and is the real hero of the movies, but even he
can't be in two places at once - he was busy rescuing Leia and the
bumbling C-3PO at the time, with Luke, Han and Chewie outside R2 knew
one of them would rescue Lando.
Kurt Cypher
2005-06-28 17:51:28 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Explain what?!?!?
R2 has rockets that he uses a couple of times in the prequel movies. He
doesn't use them in the original trilogy because he doesn't need to.
Wouldn't R2D2's rockets have come in handy in the fight against Jabba the Hutt on
the sand skiffs over the Saalc Pit early in Return of the Jedi? For example, R2D2
could have used them to help rescue Lando from the pit!
My guess would be that Jabba would have the boosters disabled/removed to
keep his drink-serving droid from escaping.