Jedi Marriage: Spoilers For Star Wars Episodes 2 & 3, The Novel Rebel Stand
Tim Bruening
2005-06-12 10:34:08 UTC
Jedi Marriage: Spoilers For Star Wars Episodes 2 & 3, The Novel Rebel
Stand By Aaron Allston, set 25-30 years after Episode 4, A New Hope:

3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3

In Episodes 2 and 3, the Jedi aren't allowed to get married (since
romantic relationships would distract them from their Jedi duties), so
Anakin has to marry Padme in secret, and is inhibited from seeking Jedi
help when he gets a vision of his wife dying in childbirth. This leads
to him seeking help from Palpatine, who tells him that only the Dark
Side can save Padme. How are Jedi expected to propagate their valuable
Jedi genes (I assume that they would be discouraged from casual sex as
well, as that would also distract them)? Are there Jedi sperm and egg
banks?

Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand by Aaron Allston: Aliens are overrunning the
New Republic. Leading the fight against them are Jedi Master Luke
Skywalker, and his wife Jedi Master Mara Jade Skywalker. They seem to
have been married for some time (at least a few years). This indicates
that Luke has learned from the Anakin fiasco and legalized Jedi
marriage!
Michael H.
2005-06-12 15:22:43 UTC
No, it indicates he was married before he knew about it.
Tim Bruening
2005-06-12 15:06:04 UTC
Post by Michael H.
This indicates that Luke has learned from the Anakin fiasco and legalized
Jedi marriage!
No, it indicates he was married before he knew about it.
How did Luke get married without knowing about it? Did some Sith Lord hynotize
him into saying "I do"?
Michael H.
2005-06-13 02:58:34 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Michael H.
This indicates that Luke has learned from the Anakin fiasco and
legalized Jedi marriage!
No, it indicates he was married before he knew about it.
How did Luke get married without knowing about it? Did some Sith Lord
hynotize him into saying "I do"?
God, you have a comprehension problem don't you? Sure I could have stated
it clearer perhaps, but a reasonable person would assume that I meant what
I did. that he didn't know that the Old Council forbade jedi to marry.
After all, his fater was a jedi, why would he assume they didn't marry?
Tim Bruening
2005-06-12 15:07:45 UTC
Post by Michael H.
This indicates that Luke has learned from the Anakin fiasco and legalized
Jedi marriage!
No, it indicates he was married before he knew about it.
However, to avoid accusations of having a double standard, Luke will be forced
to allow other Jedi to marry if they so choose. In which novel did Luke get
unknowingly married?
Peacenik
2005-06-14 02:11:29 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Jedi Marriage: Spoilers
The movie's been out for nearly a month. Everyone has seen it. No need for
spoiler spaces.
Lefty Skywalker
2005-06-14 03:49:38 UTC
Post by Peacenik
Post by Tim Bruening
Jedi Marriage: Spoilers
The movie's been out for nearly a month. Everyone has seen it. No need for
spoiler spaces.
Not ever again!
--
Daniel O. Miller

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true
science. Whosoever does not know it and can no longer marvel, is as good
as dead, and his eyes are dimmed." - Albert Einstein

WWYD? (-o-) <*>

(hotmail addy is a red herring; I'm darth dot lefty at gee em ay eye el)
Tim Bruening
2005-06-16 20:57:16 UTC
Post by Peacenik
Post by Tim Bruening
Jedi Marriage: Spoilers
The movie's been out for nearly a month. Everyone has seen it. No need for
spoiler spaces.
Everyone? Even the genocide victims in Sudan?