Who Inherited Padme's Wealth? ROTS Spoilers
Tim Bruening
2005-06-25 05:32:54 UTC
Who Inherited Padme's Wealth? ROTS Spoilers

3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3

Who inherited Padme's wealth? Could Anakin have had a claim? After
all, he was her husband, and the government of Naboo doesn't know that
he had any role in her death. I'm certain that the Emperor would have
vouched for his identity!
Anybody
2005-06-25 06:15:53 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
She didn't have any wealth. Almost everything she used belonged to the
Naboo people when she was Queen and then Senator. The house they hid at
belonged to her parents.

Besides which, nobody on Naboo knew Anakin was her husband or the
father of the "unborn" baby she was carrying - not even Padmé's
parents.
Tim Bruening
2005-06-25 07:09:20 UTC
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
Padme didn't even tell her parents?????????????????

Not even the person who officiated at the wedding?

Couldn't Anakin wave a copy of his marriage license at a Naboo judge?
Anybody
2005-06-25 23:17:58 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
The only "people" that knew at the wedding were Anakin, Padmé, the
wedding official and the droids.

At some stage after that Anakin told Palpatine and Obi-Wan evetually
guessed. Nobody else knew (not even Padmé's family that I can find) ...
that's why it's called a SECRET wedding. :-)
Anybody
2005-06-25 23:27:36 UTC
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
Actually that wasn't quite right. This is in the Episode III Visual
Dictionary ...

Handmaidens Moteé and Ellé were chosen because they
resemble Padmé. They know of her marriage to Anakin,
and often facilitate the couple's meetings by
serving as decoys.
Tim Bruening
2005-06-27 08:49:03 UTC
Post by Anybody
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
Why didn't Padme use them to bring in doctors to investigate Anakin's "die in
childbirth" vision? Are there any Anakin decoys?
Tim Bruening
2005-06-29 08:12:23 UTC
Post by Anybody
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
Why not have them also facilitate Padme's secret visit to a gynecologist to find
out if she has any condition which could kill her in childbirth?
Tim Bruening
2005-06-27 08:47:07 UTC
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
Padme didn't trust her own family?

I suspect that Yoda also guessed.
Sandman
2005-06-27 13:05:09 UTC
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
Padme didn't even tell her parents?????????????????
Not even the person who officiated at the wedding?
Couldn't Anakin wave a copy of his marriage license at a Naboo judge?
The only "people" that knew at the wedding were Anakin, Padmé, the
wedding official and the droids.
And the wedding official was brutally slain by Anakin after the ceremony. All
the women and children, too.

Threepios memory got wiped and nobody can understand what the fuck R2 is
saying, so no one knew.
Sandman[.net]
Chris Schumacher
2005-06-25 21:53:29 UTC
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
I think her parents probably knew. If you remember, she was planning to
raise the kids on Naboo. Though you're right, the minister and the droids
were the only other "people" at the wedding, so it's unlikely she told them
right away.

-==Kensu==-
Anybody
2005-06-25 23:28:00 UTC
Post by Chris Schumacher
Post by Anybody
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
Marrying a Jedi was not the "done thing". It's extremely doubtful that
she told even her family.

This is from the Episode III Visual Dictionary ...

Naboo Funeral
Padmé's parents Ruwee and Sola, sister Jobal, and Queen
Apailana, are told that Padmé was killed by the Jedi on
Coruscant. No mention is made of Padmé's pregnancy or
where R2-D2 and C-3PO are. An investigation into who
fathered the children would go against Naboo tradition.
Wahdidah
2005-06-25 18:33:43 UTC
Post by Anybody
An investigation into who
fathered the children would go against Naboo tradition.
I don't think you can return a dead daughter's pregnant body to her
parents and not expect her parents to investigate a little
further.........tradition or no tradition.
Anybody
2005-06-26 04:54:46 UTC
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
An investigation into who
fathered the children would go against Naboo tradition.
I don't think you can return a dead daughter's pregnant body to her
parents and not expect her parents to investigate a little
further.........tradition or no tradition.
They were told she was killed by the Jedi, so there was no need for
them to investigate that, and as it says above, the Naboo people don't
go looking into the people's secrets so they would NOT go looking for
the father.
Wahdidah
2005-06-26 10:01:30 UTC
Post by Anybody
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
An investigation into who
fathered the children would go against Naboo tradition.
I don't think you can return a dead daughter's pregnant body to her
parents and not expect her parents to investigate a little
further.........tradition or no tradition.
They were told she was killed by the Jedi, so there was no need for
them to investigate that, and as it says above, the Naboo people don't
go looking into the people's secrets so they would NOT go looking for
the father.
I'm not claiming to be an expert on the people of Naboo............but
neither is anyone else......b/c it doesn't exist.....but based on human
beings.............no father is going to see his daughter's dead
pregnant body and not go searching for more...........this is not some
person's secret......it's his daughter's...........this is his granchild
we're dealing with..........he'd go and find out what happened to
her............
Anybody
2005-06-26 20:58:16 UTC
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
[...]
Since this IS Naboo that Padmé's family live, whatever a real world
Earth human might do is completely irrelevant. As it says above, on
Naboo an investigation would go against tradition, so they didn't
investigate.
Wahdidah
2005-06-26 20:59:47 UTC
Post by Anybody
Since this IS Naboo that Padmé's family live, whatever a real world
Earth human might do is completely irrelevant. As it says above, on
Naboo an investigation would go against tradition, so they didn't
investigate.
Dude, lighten up.......of course they didn't do
anything.............because it isn't real...........and if it mentioned
in the books....that's great, but I'm strictly talking about the movies
not the extended universe.
Sandman
2005-06-27 13:10:47 UTC
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
Post by Wahdidah
[...]
Man, that's some crazy punctuation.

What you are referring to are western sociecty norms, or traditions if you
will. Even here on earth there are cultures, religions and beliefs that would
probably seem extremely awkward to you. Point is, having the tradition not to
dig into the past of a dead person isn't so outlandish if you knew about some
of earth peoples tradition with regards to death.
Sandman[.net]
Your Name
2005-06-27 21:13:59 UTC
Post by Sandman
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
Post by Wahdidah
[...]
<snip>

Yep, "Wahdidah" is a primary school teacher. Now you understand why the
younger generation can't write propper like us can. ;-)
Sandman
2005-06-28 05:29:58 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by Sandman
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
Post by Wahdidah
[...]
Yes, weesa write mucha bettah than thosa boombastic kiddos. :)
Sandman[.net]
Wahdidah
2005-06-28 10:13:31 UTC
Post by Sandman
Post by Your Name
Yep, "Wahdidah" is a primary school teacher. Now you understand why the
younger generation can't write propper like us can. ;-)
Yes, weesa write mucha bettah than thosa boombastic kiddos. :)
Sorry guys, I got into the dot.............habit years ago and it's so
hard to break....and I'm sure it can get on one's nerves....and every
once in a while....someone will mention it :-[
Sandman
2005-06-28 19:15:29 UTC
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Sandman
Post by Your Name
Yep, "Wahdidah" is a primary school teacher. Now you understand why
the younger generation can't write propper like us can. ;-)
Yes, weesa write mucha bettah than thosa boombastic kiddos. :)
Sorry guys, I got into the dot.............habit years ago and it's so
hard to break....and I'm sure it can get on one's nerves....and every
once in a while....someone will mention it :-[
Eh...eh...does not compute...

:)
Sandman[.net]
Anybody
2005-06-28 21:01:53 UTC
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Sandman
Post by Your Name
Yep, "Wahdidah" is a primary school teacher. Now you understand why the
younger generation can't write propper like us can. ;-)
Yes, weesa write mucha bettah than thosa boombastic kiddos. :)
Sorry guys, I got into the dot.............habit years ago and it's so
hard to break....and I'm sure it can get on one's nerves....and every
once in a while....someone will mention it :-[
The dots I can live with. It's the HTML that's painful, and it only
seems to appear in some of your messages. :-(
Wahdidah
2005-06-28 14:21:36 UTC
Post by Anybody
The dots I can live with. It's the HTML that's painful, and it only
seems to appear in some of your messages. :-(
When I send out emails.......they look normal to me.....you can
obviously tell that I use my computer for shopping...lol......how do I
get rid of this html thing? Is there something I can do in the preferences?
Brodieman
Format > Plain Text for starters
Anybody
2005-06-29 00:35:51 UTC
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
The dots I can live with. It's the HTML that's painful, and it only
seems to appear in some of your messages. :-(
When I send out emails.......they look normal to me.....you can
obviously tell that I use my computer for shopping...lol......how do I
get rid of this html thing? Is there something I can do in the preferences?
This message didn't have the HTML stuff. I'm guessing that you
sometimes use fancy fonts / colours / styles or images and possibly
using links or email addresses. Any of those would cause HTML code to
be produced.

It depends on the application you're using, but it's usually somewhere
in the Preferences / Options to use Plain Text or turning off use HTML.
Wahdidah
2005-06-29 18:18:29 UTC
Post by Anybody
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
The dots I can live with. It's the HTML that's painful, and it only
seems to appear in some of your messages. :-(
When I send out emails.......they look normal to me.....you can
obviously tell that I use my computer for shopping...lol......how do I
get rid of this html thing? Is there something I can do in the preferences?
This message didn't have the HTML stuff. I'm guessing that you
sometimes use fancy fonts / colours / styles or images and possibly
using links or email addresses. Any of those would cause HTML code to
be produced.
It depends on the application you're using, but it's usually somewhere
in the Preferences / Options to use Plain Text or turning off use HTML.
Hey it worked! I turned off the HTML! Out of curiosity.........what did
the messages look like with HTML......they all look pretty much the same
to me....
Anybody
2005-06-30 04:51:25 UTC
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
[...]
They will look the same to you because your newsreader application was
using / can handle HTML, but to people with HTML turned off (depending
on the application) or with newsreader applications that don't display
HTML at all you get a load of HTML codes through the message, just like
looking at the source code for a webpage. Depending on how much playing
with fonts, styles and colours you do, it can be tiresome to try and
read. In some cases (like your's) we were getting one copy of the text
with the extra HTML copy underneath. This extra coding and text means
the message takes up more room and takes longer to download.

Newsgroups and emails are meant to be plain text, not fancy bits and
pieces. HTML is meant just for webpages (and these days Help files
included with many applications).
Wahdidah
2005-06-29 21:26:57 UTC
Thanks for the explanation..........sorry to anyone else who may have
had a problem reading my messages.....
Tim Bruening
Wouldn't they want to know WHICH Jedi killed Padme?
Tim Bruening
2005-06-27 10:12:41 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
Post by Anybody
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Anybody
An investigation into who
fathered the children would go against Naboo tradition.
I don't think you can return a dead daughter's pregnant body to her
parents and not expect her parents to investigate a little
further.........tradition or no tradition.
They were told she was killed by the Jedi, so there was no need for
them to investigate that, and as it says above, the Naboo people
don't go looking into the people's secrets so they would NOT go
looking for the father.
Wouldn't they want to know WHICH Jedi killed Padme?
Why do you think they weren't told "which" Jedi killed Padme?
I imagine that the Emperor would say that a whole bunch of Jedi
participated in the murder of Padme, or that investigators couldn't
determine which of the many rogue Jedi killed her.
Wahdidah
2005-06-28 10:14:10 UTC
Give that man a round of applause! My point exactly!
Tim Bruening
2005-07-01 08:16:39 UTC
Post by Wahdidah
Post by Tim Bruening
Wouldn't they want to know WHICH Jedi killed Padme?
Give that man a round of applause! My point exactly!
You don't know that they weren't told which Jedi (Anakin) killed
Padme. Or at least given some Jedi name.
You don't know that her parents didn't investigate further.
In the end, it doesn't matter one way or the other.
I figured that the Emperor would not want Padme's family to know that
Anakin was the one who killed her, since that would reflect badly on
the Emperor, since Anakin is his majordomo.
If that's how he feels then he doesn't have to tell them Anakin killed her.
He could say that Jedi Master Bob killed her.
Or better yet, Jedi Master Mace Windu!