How Anakin becomes maimed and disfigured
Tim Bruening
2005-06-10 09:42:15 UTC
Maybe I am just a hopeless romantic, I am disappointed with how
Anakin
loses his limbs and gets burned. He turns to the dark side because
of
his love for Padme; I would rather see him sacrifice himself to
save
Padme from some mortal danger instead of losing a lightsabre duel
with
Obi-Wan, his supposed inferior in lightsabre skills. His love for
Padme should be the dominant theme throughout his transformation to
the half-man half-machine Darth Vader.
Um......it was.
But he choked her with the Vader death grip!!
If I were the writer, I'd devise a scene in which he is winning the
duel with Obi-Wan but has to jump into the molten lava to save Padme.
Why would Vader need to do that? Would Obi-Wan be trying to kill her?
Tim Bruening
2005-06-10 09:46:43 UTC
Maybe I am just a hopeless romantic, I am disappointed with how Anakin
loses his limbs and gets burned. He turns to the dark side because of
his love for Padme; I would rather see him sacrifice himself to save
Padme from some mortal danger instead of losing a lightsabre duel with
Obi-Wan, his supposed inferior in lightsabre skills. His love for
Padme should be the dominant theme throughout his transformation to
the half-man half-machine Darth Vader.
Um......it was.
He listened to Palpatine's tempations...to save her.
He turned to the dark side...to save her.
He betrayed and murdered the Jedi...to save her.
And in the end, he didn't save her.
THAT'S tragedy.
He ought to complain to the Emperor about that. "You said that if I went
over to the Dark Side, I could save my wife! Now she's dead!".