Spoiler Questions For Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith
Tim Bruening
2005-05-31 14:08:59 UTC
Spoilers for Star Wars Episodes 2 (Attack of the Clones), 3 (Revenge of
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
Early in the movie, small "buzz" drones land on Obi Won Kenobi's
spaceship and start wrecking it. Why didn't Darth Vader use such drones
against the Rebel Alliance in Episodes 4 through 6? After all, Anakin
was right next to Obi's ship at the time!
Hang on, just looking it up in the Visual Dictionary....hmmmmm....nope,
nothing here, sorry!
I saw Anakin's ship get the buzz droids off of Obi's ship. Go back to the
theater to rewatch the movie.
Tim Bruening
2005-06-03 09:58:26 UTC
[...]
Droids, not drones.
By ANH, droids were no longer used in combat due to their "separatist"
connotations. Even though the separatists had been defeated, they were
probably used as a boogeyman enemy to help the Empire maintain control (just
like North Korea uses "flunkeyists" or Burma uses "minions of colonialism"
as boogeymen).
Anakin gets a vision of his wife Padme dying in childbirth, and tells
her about it. Why don't either Anakin or Padme suggest recruiting a
crack team of doctors, Jedi healers, Jedi midwifes, and medical drones
to assist in the birth? Why don't either of them suggest removing the
fetus and putting it in an artificial womb (similar to the wombs used to
grow clones to term) to remove the risk of Padme dying during labor?
He's convinced his premonitions come true no matter what. He believes that
only the unnatural powers of the Dark Side will work, because the man he
trusts the most told him so.
Anakin tells Yoda about having a vision of someone he cares about dying
(but doesn't say who or how, since Anakin is keeping his marriage to
Padme a secret to avoid being excommunicated from the Jedi ranks. Those
loony Jedi don't approve of Jedi getting married!). Why doesn't Yoda
ask "Who is dying in your vision, and from what ailment or injury?"?
That would be rude!
After Anakin turns to the Dark Side and slaughters everyone at the Jedi
Temple, including the children, Obi learns of his involvement by looking
at security holograms, and tells Padme about his deed. Padme can't
believe that Anakin would slaughter children! Since Anakin told her
that he had slaughtered an entire sand people tribe (including the
children) after they killed his mother, why would Padme find it
difficult to believe that he would kill Jedi children?
There's a far cry between killing savage animals who tortured and killed
your mother and innocent Jedi children who were your friends and students.
Obi Won Kenobi goes after Anakin/Darth Vader, and Yoda goes after
Emperor Palpatine. Why don't Obi and Yoda strap bombs to their bodies
so that they can blow up Darth or Palpatine if it appears that Darth or
Palpatine are about to win? After all, Obi and Yoda believe that Darth
and Palpatine are extremely dangerous and MUST be defeated at all costs.
That would be too sneaky for the honorable Jedi.
Anakin/Vader tries to persuade Padme to join him on the Dark Side. Why
doesn't he try to take over her mind?
Take ever her mind? How??
Are you talking about Jedi mind tricks? Padme is strong-minded.
After a long battle, Obi cuts off Darth Vader's legs on the bank of a
lava lake, then some lava touches Vader and sets him on fire. Why
doesn't Obi cut off Vader's head to make certain that he dies? After
all, Obi considers Vader to be extremely dangerous!
It's not the Jedi way to kill unarmed (pun intended) people.
Meanwhile, Anakin/Vader's wife Padme gives birth to Luke And Leia
Skywalker, then dies. Yoda and Obi, saying that the kids must be hidden
where they can't be found via the Force, decide to give Luke to his
uncle and aunt on Tattoine, and give Leia to Senator Organia on
Alderaan: Why would they believe that Luke and Leia would be invisible
to Darth Vader's Force senses on Tatooine and Alderaan? Also, if Vader
did learn that his wife had given birth, wouldn't he go first to
Tatooine just in case Padme's child had been placed with Anakin's
half-brother (whom Anakin visited during "Attack of the Clones").
Dunno.
Maybe Vader is too traumatized by Tatooine that he would never set foot on
it again.
I expect Darth Vader to say to Emperor Palpatine "Have your agents find
out if Padme gave birth before she died, and if so, bring the child to
me. I may be able to turn it to the Dark Side. I suggest that they
check Tatooine, where I have a half-brother. Also check Alderaan (the
home of a dissident Senator), and Naboo (the home of Padme)".
Palpatine tells Vader what to do, not vice versa.
But wouldn't Palpatine like the idea of turning Vader's kid to the Dark Side?
He certainly seemed to like the idea in "Return of the Jedi".
Tim Bruening
2005-06-03 10:09:04 UTC
[...]
Because he's a scorched torso with one arm.
However, shouldn't Obi-Won kill Darth to end his agony?
Meanwhile, Anakin/Vader's wife Padme gives birth to Luke And Leia
Skywalker, then dies. Yoda and Obi, saying that the kids must be hidden
where they can't be found via the Force, decide to give Luke to his
uncle and aunt on Tattoine, and give Leia to Senator Organia on
Alderaan: Why would they believe that Luke and Leia would be invisible
to Darth Vader's Force senses on Tatooine and Alderaan? Also, if Vader
did learn that his wife had given birth, wouldn't he go first to
Tatooine just in case Padme's child had been placed with Anakin's
half-brother (whom Anakin visited during "Attack of the Clones").
Who's going to tell him? Owen thinks Anakin is dead.
Imperial spies.
I expect Darth Vader to say to Emperor Palpatine "Have your agents find
out if Padme gave birth before she died, and if so, bring the child to
me. I may be able to turn it to the Dark Side. I suggest that they
check Tatooine, where I have a half-brother. Also check Alderaan (the
home of a dissident Senator), and Naboo (the home of Padme)".
Agent reports back to Vader: Sorry my Lord but Padme was very much pregnant
when she was buried, so it appears the child died with her.
Vader: Noooooooooooooo!!!+
Other Suggestions for Vader: Have Padme's body recovered from Naboo so that he
and Palpatine can work on ways to resurrect her using the Dark Side of the
Force (and at the same time altering her brain so that she will turn to the
Dark Side).

Make a clone body of Vader, than use the Force to transfer his mind into that
body, thus enabling him and Dark Padme to boink like bunnies.

Put Vader in a bactra tank to heal him.
Tim Bruening
2005-06-03 10:49:56 UTC
[...]
Any solution that would have included the assistance of people Anakin
couldn't trust, was not viable.
1: Padme was less paranoid, so why didn't she make any of the above
suggestions?

2: Couldn't Padme utilize her most trusted servants and supporters (such as
Jar Jar Binks) to assemble a medical and mid-wife team? (I bet that Jar Jar
Binks helped to arrange rendezvous between Anakin and Padme! What's the
plural of rendevous?).
Anakin tells Yoda about having a vision of someone he cares about dying
(but doesn't say who or how, since Anakin is keeping his marriage to
Padme a secret to avoid being excommunicated from the Jedi ranks. Those
loony Jedi don't approve of Jedi getting married!). Why doesn't Yoda
ask "Who is dying in your vision, and from what ailment or injury?"?
He already knew about padme and he was waiting for Anakin to say it
himself.
But wouldn't asking the above question make it more likely that Anakin would
say it himself?
After a long battle, Obi cuts off Darth Vader's legs on the bank of a
lava lake, then some lava touches Vader and sets him on fire. Why
doesn't Obi cut off Vader's head to make certain that he dies? After
all, Obi considers Vader to be extremely dangerous!
Give him a break! He never wanted to fight Anakin in the first place.
He asked Yoda to send him to palpatine. And now you ask him to cut of
his head? Too much!
Okay, I'll ask him to decapitate Vader to end his suffering!
Also, if Vader
did learn that his wife had given birth, wouldn't he go first to
Tatooine just in case Padme's child had been placed with Anakin's
half-brother (whom Anakin visited during "Attack of the Clones").
He never wanted to go back to that awful place.
Stormtrooper: "Lord Vader, we discovered that someone named Luke
Skywalker lives with your half brother in Tatooine. Could he be your
son hidden there by Obi Wan Kenobi?"
Vader: "Nah, Yoda and Obi Wan are too smart to do something that
stupid."
Stormtrooper: "But Lord Vader, it is an unusual that he has a friend
there named 'old ben kenobi'. Could he be your old master?"
Vader: "Enough, Obi Wan would never make the mistake of using a name
that is so similar to his real name. You have failed me for the last
time commander!"
Stormtrooper: "eeek!!!" <vader does that force choke thingee>
In which movie did this dialogue take place?
Tim Bruening
2005-06-21 08:53:33 UTC
[...]
+ Taken from the Visual Dictionary. (somewhere up the back)
Vader: Okay, Mr. Agent, have Padme's body dug up and brought to Coruscant. The
Emperor and I might be able to revive her using the Dark Side and then turn her
to the Dark Side. I'm certain that she will turn if kept in a dank prison cell
long enough! If that doesn't work, I'll have the Emperor zap her with Force
lightning! The conversion of Padme would greatly undermine the moral of the
Empire's enemies!
Tim Bruening
2005-06-21 09:01:37 UTC
[...]
Because by the time Ep 4 came out, the X-Wings which are the coolest
thing to fly in space, had already developed countermeasures against
them. So Buz drones rightfully became obsolete.
What countermeasures do the X-wings have besides stationing astromech droids
on the outside?
Anakin gets a vision of his wife Padme dying in childbirth, and tells
her about it. Why don't either Anakin or Padme suggest recruiting a
crack team of doctors, Jedi healers, Jedi midwifes, and medical drones
to assist in the birth? Why don't either of them suggest removing the
fetus and putting it in an artificial womb (similar to the wombs used to
grow clones to term) to remove the risk of Padme dying during labor?
Any solution that would have included the assistance of people Anakin
couldn't trust, was not viable.
I suggest having Padme's most trusted staff members recruit a discreet team of
doctors to treat Padme!
Anakin tells Yoda about having a vision of someone he cares about dying
(but doesn't say who or how, since Anakin is keeping his marriage to
Padme a secret to avoid being excommunicated from the Jedi ranks. Those
loony Jedi don't approve of Jedi getting married!). Why doesn't Yoda
ask "Who is dying in your vision, and from what ailment or injury?"?
He already knew about padme and he was waiting for Anakin to say it
himself.
Wouldn't the question I suggested be more likely to get Anakin to ID Padme
than saying something like "To let go you must learn"?
Anakin/Vader tries to persuade Padme to join him on the Dark Side. Why
doesn't he try to take over her mind?
Contrary to popular belief, padme was not a weak minded fool.
Could Anakin have taken over Padme's mind if he had done the Jedi mind trick
while Padme was hugging him?
After a long battle, Obi cuts off Darth Vader's legs on the bank of a
lava lake, then some lava touches Vader and sets him on fire. Why
doesn't Obi cut off Vader's head to make certain that he dies? After
all, Obi considers Vader to be extremely dangerous!
Give him a break! He never wanted to fight Anakin in the first place.
He asked Yoda to send him to palpatine. And now you ask him to cut of
his head? Too much!
But Obi, don't let your former student lie there in agony! End his pain!
Kill him to put him out of his misery!
I missed that dialogue! When and where did it occur!
Tim Bruening
2005-06-21 09:05:49 UTC
[...]
The Trade Federation was long-since gone by then. If any of that tech
existed in the OT, it's on outer rim worlds being used as junk and
scrap metal.
But surely the Empire could have created its own buzz droids!
Anakin gets a vision of his wife Padme dying in childbirth, and tells
her about it. Why don't either Anakin or Padme suggest recruiting a
crack team of doctors, Jedi healers, Jedi midwifes, and medical drones
to assist in the birth? Why don't either of them suggest removing the
fetus and putting it in an artificial womb (similar to the wombs used to
grow clones to term) to remove the risk of Padme dying during labor?
Anakin tells Yoda about having a vision of someone he cares about dying
(but doesn't say who or how, since Anakin is keeping his marriage to
Padme a secret to avoid being excommunicated from the Jedi ranks. Those
loony Jedi don't approve of Jedi getting married!). Why doesn't Yoda
ask "Who is dying in your vision, and from what ailment or injury?"?
Because Yoda probably didn't care. Remember, he was the one who told
Anakin to "learn to let go." It was in Yoda's interest, and Anakin's as
far as he was concerned, to have Anakin be a regular Jedi and not care
about such material things...
I find it shocking that Yoda wouldn't care about a Jedi apprentice possibly
losing someone he cares about! I thought that the good Jedis were supposed to
be compassionate!
Tim Bruening
2005-06-21 21:16:59 UTC
Post by Tim Bruening
[...]
-- Yoda didn't care about young Anakin's distress over leaving his mother on
Tatooine. And why did it take 10 long years for Anakin to remember his
mother when he promised he'd go back and free her? I think if you look at
it closely the whole debacle boils down to Yoda's short-sightedness. Windu
suggested they reveal to the Senate that the Jedi's powers were weakening
and Yoda declined in order to save their jobs. How come he was never able
to detect Palpatine as a Sith? I think Yoda was arrogant, definitely not
compassionate.
I was figuring that Obi-Wan wouldn't ALLOW Anakin to go back!
Tim Bruening
2005-06-21 21:00:24 UTC
[...]
lightning, and/or put nanites in her brain to control her! The
conversion
of Padme would greatly undermine the moral of the Empire's enemies!
Perhaps
I could even turn her into a Sith by injecting midiclorians into her to
give
her Jedi powers, then encourage her to let her anger flow!
Tim Bruening
Tim Bruening